Monday, January 16, 2012

What Is With the Lack of Sleeping?

On numerous occasions in the past, I've lamented about the sleep habits of my darling little girl. About how she wakes up a hundred million times or she wakes up at unholy hours and all that nonsense. Well I had a reprieve. Her sleep got better. And I didn't even say anything about it for fear of angering the sleep gods.

Then it all went to crap. For no good reason! Well maybe it was a good reason as she was cutting molars. Of course this occurred during my mid-term frigging exams. Insert sigh here.

Then it got better again. Sure there was the occasional 4am wake-up but it was something that we just dealt with as it came up. She was getting up fine for daycare and napping well and going to bed easily. So we tried not to mess with a semi good thing.

Then we regressed...again. This time there is no good reason. There are no teeth coming in, she isn't sick, she isn't hungry because she can almost out eat me. She isn't cold because unlike our meat locker of a master bedroom, hers is warm. Plus she is in fleece jammies and has a mink like crib sheet that is so soft, warm and rather luxurious that I would get one for our bed if they made them in queen size. She.Is.Fine.

This translated into a week of utter disaster. Including the uber fun night where she screamed and carried on for nearly three hours despite both me and honey taking turns holding her and offering cuddles, water, milk and pretty much anything else that usually soothes the savage beast. She did finally end up falling asleep in my arms, likely from sheer exhaustion. I don't remember transferring her back into her crib although I'm sure we did. After some discussion and seeing how well she did with the late holiday nights, we moved back her bedtime an hour.

Then it got good again. Then this week started and trouble cropped up again.

So I write this now at 12:20am. Why am I still awake, much less sitting on the computer blogging this late on a Sunday? Because I expect that sometime in the next 40 minutes, she is going to squawk. She will stand up in her crib and whine until someone rescues her, I offer her a snack and then she is happy. Insert the sigh again.

So I wait. Really wish that I didn't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment