Saturday, October 29, 2011

Boo at the Zoo Family Fun

Our city is one of many that puts on Boo at the Zoo for Halloween. I had always wanted to take my kids there once I had them. We didn't go last year as she was still really little, but this year we figured that she would actually get something out of it.

She had more fun that I even though she would. At the entrance they had a setup a local wildlife rehab organization with some birds of prey. They are unreleasable for whatever reason and are used for education. When I was a kid, my dad volunteered for this organization and he was a handler for their great horned owl. I zeroed in on the owl they had and I got a great picture with it and me holding the baby. We also saw a beautiful falcon.

We get inside the gates and we are greeted by volunteers in animal costumes waving and dancing around. The baby was on her daddy's shoulders and I could see just how excited she was. She was up high with a great view of all the sights and sounds around her. The lights were just so amazing to her. Her eyes were wide and she was making her happy noises with the biggest smile on her face, just taking it all in. Even on our long walk back to car she was laughing and enjoying herself which was a huge plus because it was baby bedtime by then.

This is probably my favourite part of being a parent, watching my little girl experience her world with her mom and dad at her side. She just gets so excited about what is going on around her. It's so much fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment