Sunday, October 16, 2011

An Interesting Conversation

You might remember my hysterical laughter about my sister in law's separation from this post. Well I have a bit of an update on that and I'm unsure what to think about it.

Honey ran into his grandfather's second wife last night. Yes I know his family seems to enjoy divorce. Both his parents and grandfather, as well as my father have all been married three times, a trend honey and I wish to buck. They hadn't seen each other nor spoken in well over five years so it was a bit of a random chance encounter.

Well I guess she had either seen or spoken to honey's sister, or maybe even his mother. We got further confirmation that his sister and her husband are split up, and for far longer than we thought. She says it happened in March, we thought it happened in or around early July. We found out the reason, apparently he caught her cheating on him with another guy. Now we had assumed that she had "done" something to be the cause of the divorce as honey's mother had called him asking him to get a gang of guys together to go break down the door of his sisters house because her husband wasn't letting her in. While I may never have been divorced before, my understanding of divorce law(from grade twelve and my own parent's divorce) is that there are only certain circumstances in which one spouse can legally not allow the other back into the marital home. Needless to say honey refused this request. Well his grandfather's ex told him the name of the man his sister cheated with and is apparently now living with.

Now I don't generally believe anything that anyone in his family says without independent confirmation. We've been lied to far too many times. So back to Facebook I went. I found a person on her friends list with the same name of her so called new boyfriend. I checked him out. A fairly locked down profile, but I did see that he has at least one sister and at least one younger brother. The younger brother's profile was fairly open. He just graduated this year, honey's sister was at his grad dinner. So yes, his grandmother's ex seemed to be correct in her information, his sister and this person seem to be together.

She also mentioned that his sister had tried to write off two vehicles in one fell swoop awhile back by running them into each other. The insurer for all intents and purposes told them where to go. This not being the first time that she tried to defraud the company. That explains why we hadn't seen either of these very unique and noticeable trucks in months.

To top it off, honey's mother supposedly has a new boyfriend herself and is planning a move about five hours from here with said new boyfriend. She's been "moving" for years now so we'll see if we see her house up for sale anytime soon. It's right off the main road that I take to school every single day so we'd know almost the second it went on the market.

So it was a very interesting and eye opening conversation to say the least. His family is never without their drama and seeing as we no longer speak to most of them we aren't usually kept in the loop. So it's good to know the latest happenings. It's all just so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment