Thursday, October 13, 2011

So Busy

So much for keeping up better with my blog even though I can get marks for it. I've just been so busy that I don't get a lot of time online these days. Here is a rundown on why I'm so busy.

My days start at 6am, but I usually don't get out of bed until 6:15. Bad idea as it puts me far enough behind that I don't usually get to eat breakfast. The baby also gets up around this time, but sometimes as late at 6:30. While she is having her breakfast I get dressed and put on my makeup and everything. Then I get her dressed and ready for the day. Honey's alarm goes off at 6:30am and I usually have to yell at him to really wake up. He only has about ten minutes before I need to leave to catch the bus.It takes two buses to get from my suburban home to campus near the edge of town and I need to be at school for 8am. I didn't wake up at 8am to get to work but I'm doing ok.

I'm then in school from 8am until 4pm with an hour for lunch in between. There are a ridiculous amount of stairs. I've only found one elevator. The university I went to had oodles of elevators and they even had an escalator. Thankfully I'm in good shape or I think those stairs would be the death of me.

My trip home as of late has been challenging. I need to time it right to get on the first bus to downtown. There are many options to get to the south end of the city. But there is a specific bus I want. There is an express and regular route that go down the street I need. But both these are via different ways. The one express via doesn't even remotely go where I want it. And the other way, I have to walk about ten minutes. It's not that long as I walked there all the time in the summer to get to the grocery store and Starbucks. But in the cold and rain and soon to be snow? Not my idea of fun. So essentially the express route is out. The regular route's stop is actually three houses away from mine. Perfect! One takes a very long and winding detour that adds about fifteen minutes to the trip. So what does that leave me with? Just one, and it's been giving me trouble. It seems to be getting later and later every day. When you are standing at a bus shack that for whatever reason has no walls despite being a major stop, even extra seconds to wait is far too long.  When I first started, if I got on the right buses, I made it home no later than 5pm. The past few days it's been closer to 5:45 and my husband has been preparing to send out search parties.

The second I get home, I have a minute or two to say hello to my baby bunny. Then it's time to start dinner. Everything is home cooked in this house. It took me a long time to figure it out, but it's cheaper! 6:30 is baby bath time, 7 is baby bed time. Then it's homework time. I always have questions and readings to do, like an hour or twos worth. So my TV and internet time has severely languished. Probably for the best anyway, but it's a good thing we have a PVR. I do make a point to watch the news and then I'm asleep only to have to start all over again about six hours later.

So that's my life. Was it as exhausting to read as it was to type? Now you know why I don't blog a day like I did. Again I promise to try to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment