Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Update on School

I finished my first day of actual school today. Monday was orientation and was when I discovered that I was likely in for hell. Great.

So today, as with apparently every other morning, was spent in the computer lab. First was my computer course. Oy. I really hope it gets better as we get more into things. I can't handle three hours starting at 8am of how to create a new folder and how to save Word documents. Seriously, I "learned" that today. Then I had to sit through an hour of keyboarding. Again with the seriously. To pass that course I need to type 40 wpm with 3 errors or less. Uh, on simple lines I can do twice that, but my general average is anywhere between 50-60. I've been told that I should be able to complete the test within the next couple classes. I honestly hope so. I might blow my brains out if I can't.

Afternoons are spent in classroom. I actually had homework. Easy reading, but assignments are coming. I'm looking forward to these classes as I feel they are truly relavent to the work that I've already done and they will really help in the future.

So that's the update. Buses suck, my locker is a million miles away, and I feel like an elementary school student eating my bagged lunch. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to update, but I'll try to keep it up as things go along. But don't be surprised if you don't hear from me unless it's a holiday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment