Saturday, September 24, 2011

Seriously Bad Blogger

I've been so busy I've sorely neglected my blog again. Here is a rundown of why:

Girlie's birthday party. It's tomorrow. I've spent far more than I'm willing to admit on food, drinks and decor. My fridge is packed full of hot dogs, drinks and fruit and veggie trays. We spent the entire day cleaning the house(and I still need to tackle the kitchen) and started to decorate. I also made the cupcakes, which will be iced tomorrow. I gave up on the bunny cake. I just couldn't get it together so I bought a cake. I'm expecting around 30 people. I must be nuts, I know my mother thinks I am.

Appointments, appointments, appointments. Her 12m appointment was oodles of fun. Her doc is always behind and the stoopid medical assistant insists on getting weights and then leaving you in the weighing/changing room for another 5-15 minutes. That's maybe all fine and dandy when babe is itty bitty and doesn't know any better. But for a mobile 1 year old? You've got to be kidding me. So she was already annoyed with the fact I wouldn't put her down and then once we finally got into the room I took away a book she was trying to eat. That set off WW3. Oh.my.god. She SCREAMED. Screamed solid for a good 10 minutes, full on shrieking, tears, ugh it was brutal. Then she fa-reeked when her doc tried to measure her and freaked even more when she got her 3 shots. Oy.

Daycare. After my never ending saga and finally finding someone we are happy and comfortable with, we are now just in the final planning stages for her transition in. She starts Monday and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I'm thrilled at the prospect of someone else dealing with her all day. But ask me how I really feel Monday at oh say 11am.

School. The countdown is really on. I'm still waiting for one of my books to come in the mail and the other I'm going to have to pick up at school. I'll be headed down there sometime this week to get my student ID as well as purchase my October student bus pass.

So that's been my life for the past week. Crazy and I think it's only going to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment