Friday, September 16, 2011

The Waiting Game

We are presently waiting for the dayhome we visited Wednesday night to get back to us. She said she should by Sunday. I'm hoping she is a yes. She has a nice home with good space and is pretty convenient. Here is hoping.

I also visited another home yesterday. Pretty close to our house and includes meals and snacks. But she cares for two 3 year olds(one is her own) as well as a 17 month old. The 17 month old seems so far behind my newly 12 month old. He doesn't walk, is very shy and quiet and seems so very attached to her. My kid is wandering all over the place, is chatty as can be and is quite comfortable playing without me. I don't think the DHP knew how to deal with a young toddler with such independence. We are pretty free range parents, she wanted to hover. I'd worry that she would regress with someone constantly wanting to "help" her when she really doesn't need the help. So I think we'll be scratching her off the potentials list.

No comments:

Post a Comment