Thursday, September 29, 2011

So Happy With Daycare

After all my daycare troubles, I'm so happy with the care we've found. She's energetic and fun. She provides healthy snacks and lunches and outdoor time. Plus she doesn't think we are crazy for wanting our baby to still be rear facing despite being a year old, in fact she kept her own children rear facing until age 2 and she even has her 3.5 year old still harnessed and her 5 year old in a high back booster. That's nearly unheard of! Not to mention she follows our philosophy of not being helicopter parents and she lets her do her thing. Even if she falls down, she lets her pick herself back up all on her own. And her own kids are very well behaved.

Finding a daycare provider, was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I was truly worried about what we were going to do with her once I went back to school. It's such a weight off my shoulders to know that someone is looking after my baby and she really cares about her. Every time this week that I've gone to pick her up, I'm told about how great of a baby she is and how much she is enjoying having her. Now sure you can feign happiness and say whatever you want, but I can tell she's being genuine. I can see that the baby is happy, fed and clean. And when we are saying goodbye, the DHP is interactive and always with a report on the day. You can't fake that kind of thing.

It was incredibly difficult for me to say goodbye to my little baby on her very first day. But knowing she is in a fun, safe environment with a caring person watching after her really put my mind at ease. Knowing that an impartial observer sees my child as a well adjusted, happy, playful, independent little girl makes me feel so proud of her and I know that she will thrive there. It really is a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment