Monday, September 19, 2011

A Bit of Regret

For as long as I can remember, I've loved rock music. When my elementary school friends were gushing over Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time, I was listening to Americana by The Offspring and I couldn't wait til I turned 18 so I could check out all the crazy little shows that were being played in the clubs.

Then came high school and I met my best friend, a fantastic guitar player who was as into punk and alt rock just as much as me. We went to so many shows together. Then I met the man I would marry a few years later. I still went to shows with my BFF, but not as many as I was trying to spend more time with honey. And I kinda lost the part of myself that loved a live show.

In an effort to introduce this part of my world to my hubby, I thought it would be nice to go to a concert together. It was only our second time out alone since having the baby. I saw that they were selling tickets to a Canadian band I've loved since they started out over ten years ago. It was a special acoustic set. I practically salivated and purchased the tickets as his anniversary present to me.

So last night we went. I had a great time, hubby not so much. He didn't think his voice was that great(uh, I SERIOUSLY beg to differ) and that it wasn't worth it. :( I was pretty crushed.

I then found out via Facebook that my BFF was there too, the person I should have apparently gone with, still there too in the bar having fun. I was on my way home.

I was trying to share a piece of my life with the person whom I share everything else. And he didn't really seem to care. So I'm pretty upset. It's on the third concert I've ever attended with him. The first was a club show. We left early because he had a headache. The second was an area show that by the time he agreed to go(even though it was his idea -figure that out) we were in the nosebleeds. I thought that maybe because this was a far more intimate setting and it was a special night out for us it would be different. Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment