Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

So it's my husband's first Father's Day today. The baby gave him a hand stamped key chain with her name and birthdate on it. She tried to eat the box it came in, it was funny.

And now it's 10am. We've been up for an hour(should have been closer to 2.5 hours but I did some serious dragging out) and we're both dressed, have eaten breakfast and I have a load of baby laundry in the washing machine. DH is still asleep, save for the few minutes I asked him to watch the baby so that I could put the load of laundry in. Once done, her and I stayed on the bed as she wanted to play with him.

"What so I'm done sleeping now?" he asked me."It's Father's Day, I should be allowed to sleep in."

"Uhuh, and what do you think I had to do on Mother's Day?" I asked. "When was the last time I got to sleep in?"

"For all I know it was yesterday" he answered.

"Ya freaking right" I retorted in annoyance.

So happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. Enjoy the day Hallmark set out for you. Just remember that while Mother's Day is supposed to be our Hallmark day, the work of a mama never ends and it's just another day ending in Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment