Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sleep, or Lack Therof

I'm not liking her newest sleeping patterns. Sure she goes to bed all nicely around 7:30 or so, but now there is a wakeup at around 5am. And I can't just ignore her because she is legitimately hungry. So I was bringing her back to bed with us to nurse and fall back asleep until 9ish. Well in the last 10 days or so, there is no more going back to sleep. It's playtime! At frigging 5:30am! Um, no. And I am not the greatest sleeper. I'm a chronic insomniac and I have incredible trouble falling asleep. I have been like this my whole life.

So then there is my kid. Doesn't want to go to sleep in our bed, doesn't want to go back to sleep in her crib. ACK! And I know she is tired, she's rubbing her eyes, she's yawning....but I have the ultimate sleep fighter for a child. She is so terrified of missing something or whatever her deal is, she just won't go back to sleep.

Gone are the days when simply sticking a boob in her mouth will put her into the happy milk drunk sleepy state. Or the days when she would contently nap on my chest. Or even sleep in her car seat even on the shortest trips. *sigh*

So here is my new plan. Mama needs sleep. So either tomorrow morning or Monday morning. Hubby is going to deal with the screaming demon. I'll get up with her at god o'clock to feed her and I will try for about half an hour or so to get her back down. After that, she is not going to be my problem. Days my husband doesn't work, he sleeps til 11-12. I don't even want that! I would consider 8:30 a win and 9 to be nothing short of a miracle.

He is going to be told when he comes home from work. I have been up with this kid every.single.day for nine and a half months. I expect resistance. Well resistance is futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment