Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hit & Run

My poor car was the victim of a hit and run yesterday, presumably in the TRU parking lot. No note, no sign of what hit me nothing.

So I've made a claim with my insurance company and a police report. Now I have to wait a week and a half to get my car estimated. It's going to cost me my deductible and because there is prior damage to the front bumper, I'm likely to get hit with depreciation. Maybe that's why there was no note left? The driver saw that it was already damaged and hoped I wouldn't notice?

Car seats in Canada are all to be replaced after any and all collisions. So in a panic I went to Sears and got a Graco MyRide to replace the Air Protect that I was whining about in this post but I also had the car seat that normally lives in my husband's car to worry about. I have no idea what I'm going to replace that with. At least insurance will pay for them.

Transport Canada and all the car seat manufactures state that a child seat needs to be replaced after any collision even if it was unoccupied and/or looks undamaged. There could be damaged that you can't see that could cause the seat to fail in a subsequent collision.

I'm lucky that my insurer follows this to the letter, but if yours tries to tell you otherwise, make sure you fight for replacement seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment