Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nothing Like Shopping!

Sears had Baby Days as well as some other excellent sales and what with my Sears card being the only one I have available credit on *whistles* off we went.

What is not to love about buy one get one free on sleepers?! I was able to get four jammies for her in 12 month size. One footed sleeper and three 2 pieces and it cost me only about $20 which is a great price. I don't know how much longer I can stuff her into 9 month sleepers because she is so long. I was also able to get a really cute pair of pink Timberland sandals for $30. Not on sale, but finally, a summer shoe that she can't get off by rubbing her ankles together. I'm not going hunting for lost flip flops anymore. I'll just save those for the yard and the beach. It's not like she walks yet anyway.

Then I got some stuff for me! I'm one of those women that most others hate. I was 155 pounds("normal" weight for someone of my height but on the "higher" side of said normal). Then I got pregnant and gained a whole 17 pounds. I walked into the hospital in labour wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans. I was basically at my pre-pregnancy weight by the time we left a few days later and after nursing, walking like crazy and using water as my drink of choice over say pop, I'm now about 20 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. So none of my clothes really fit me anymore. I bought a pair of jeans about about 10w post partum.....they are a bit too big now. So buying a pair of cute capris and a nice t-shirt for about $50. Seeing as the capris where regularly priced at $60 I think I did pretty good.

I've become a bit of a bargain hunter so these deals were pretty sweet. I'm pretty much set for clothes for both myself and the baby until fall now!

No comments:

Post a Comment