Friday, June 03, 2011

Moving With a Baby

What a terrible idea! Our new house is twice the size with a finished basement, dishwasher, laundry, almost everything you could want in a house. I've been excited to move for weeks now.

We were able to get into the house about a month ago and I started bringing things over. Outgrown baby clothes, winter gear, pictures, that kind of stuff. We need to be officially out of our house by noon this Sunday so that the cleaner can come in so we can list on Monday so this weekend is when we are moving everything this. Did I mention that my husband works Saturdays? Ya...

So the baby and I brought a load of stuff over this morning and I tried to get all the boxes that I had already brought over and had stashed in her room unpacked. I put her on the floor of the living room and let her play while I got the kitchen and closets organized.

Epic fail. I got the closets done and started on the kitchen when the shrieking began. I tried nursing, and she snacked for a minute or two then done. Try to put her back down, nope. Tried giving her a new toy to play with which satisfied her enough for me to unpack another box. Then shrieks again. So I turned on the tv for some noise, but something was wrong with it and I could only get NBC so we were stuck with the French Open and I don't like tennis. Baby is just too tired to deal anymore(did I mention that I have a nap refuser for a child?)

So off we head for home, at least she sleeps in the car. I'm just waiting for my mom who should be here in about 1/2 hour or so to help me bring some more stuff over to the new place. We're also going to pick up our new space foam mattress. The store says it comes in a box so we should actually be able to fit it in the backseat of my car and we'll just move the car seat to my mom's. Never thought I'd be transporting anything other than an air mattress in my car.

1 comment:

  1. send me an email at talesofmommyhood at yahoo dot ca - re- Li'L ones coupons!

    ReplyDelete