Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Loving the Long Walks

Our new house is walking distance to libraries, numerous parks and shopping. So this morning we took advantage of the nice weather(at least for today seeing as it's supposed to start raining again for the rest of the week) and we took a nice walk to the library. We picked up some board books to read and I intended to go walk to the mall for awhile and then go home.

Then I discovered that my monster had taken off her sandal and presumably dropped it to watch it fall without me noticing. *sigh* So double back we go. There isn't a lot of traffic in the area at that time of day so I was hopeful but it was just a little baby flip flop and even in the light wind I soon became worried that it had blown away.

We turned back onto our street and what do I happen to find on the side of the road? Her sandal! Sweet!

So instead of going back to the mall, we walked further around the neighborhood. How nice it was to take a long stroll in the sunshine. My napless wonder falls asleep during long walks outside and this time was no different. I guess I just never realized how nice it was to just go for a walk. Let my baby girl experience the outdoors -the sound of the birds, the warmth of the sun, the cool breezes. Strange what you learn to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment