Wednesday, July 20, 2011

BBQ!

In our new house, we got a great BBQ. We had a small one in our old house that we borrowed from my mom for a year when she lived in an apartment that didn't allow them. We used it twice. Once was an utter failure on our part, the second time our friend actually did the grilling. Sad I know.

Seeing as it's a million degrees here, it's not ideal to cook with the oven. So I thought, what the hell, I'll marinade some pork chops and see what happens. Well what happened was an eye opener! They were fantastic! We've since done garlic sausage, steak, and pork souvlaki and it's all been super tasty.

I've always loved the smell of people BBQing in the summer, in fact I was always a bit jealous of the good smells(and undoubtedly good food) that others were having. Now I get to be on the other side and have the good smells and good food. I must say it's quite rewarding to be the woman BBQing on a hot summer day ;) Grilling is not just for men girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment