Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Old Friends

While I've made some new friends, both online and real life since having my daughter, I still think about the "old days" and what my friends from high school are up to. They are in different places than I am. While a few are in fairly long term relationships, most live at home. A few have recently moved into their first apartments. Only one is engaged and I am the only one who is married and the only one with a child.

So to say the least I sometimes find it difficult to get together with them, even just for a lunch or something. I'm not invited for girls nights or day trips to the beach. Because I have a baby.

Today I am going out for lunch with a very good friend of mine. Back in high school, he and I were supposed to get an apartment together. But I met my now husband that summer and moved in with him instead. Except for me bringing him our old mattress, I have not seen him since before I got pregnant....I found out I was pregnant January 2010.

The friend who is engaged, is probably someone who I have the most in common with. We are both in relationships that are committed somehow concrete(I'm thinking rings here) and we are both home owners. She has a "real job" and I had one as well(course I'm going back to school but that's only so I can improve on my "real job" ;) ) But she lives two provinces away from me and I only see her once or twice a year.

She is on her way here in a few days. I haven't seen her since about this time last year and I'm really excited. I'm hopeful that not only can we have lunch all us girls, but I'm hoping that I can actually get in on a night out with them. My kid goes to bed early enough. I might not stay out as late as them all because I have to deal with the babe the next day. But it would really be nice to go out. Hubby does....why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment