Friday, July 08, 2011

Shopping for the Future

I've come to the realization in the past few days that my baby is not going to be a baby this fall and will need new clothes. The weather will get colder and she will get bigger and her 6-12 summer clothes will be the next to go into the box and wait for me to have another girl.

I've got a few things for me to wear this fall/winter. I have lots of long sleeved shirts and a pair of jeans and I got a great deal on a winter coat/snow pants/hat/mitts last spring. I have a few fall jackets as well. But I have no hoodies, jammies or enough pants and I would like a few more shirts too. And shoes! She'll be walking! I'll need something on her feet.

Cue a gal on a message board I frequent. She put up massive albums of baby girl clothes for sale. For $85 shipping included I picked up two pairs of Geox shoes. If you no nothing about this brand, well they are quite expensive. The runners I bought which should fit her by fall and still have lots of wear left in them would cost anywhere between $50-65 new. Then I got a great pair of boots that will fit her by the time the snow falls.  I have no idea how much these would cost brand new but I can't imagine it under $75.

Then I got a super cute fleece vest with a fur lined hood and a hoodie dress with matching tights. These are both Gymboree brand and are in excellent condition and because Gymboree is typically very expensive I wouldn't be surprised if the retail value of just those three pieces is around $100. So I think I got a steal of a deal.

Now I'm not done ;) I'd love to head to the states and buy the rest of her fall/winter wardrobe. If not, there are some great second hand stores(like consignment boutiques not Value Village) where I can get some nice stuff for cheap. And Sears often does BOGO for sleepers.

So I guess I'm set, if not now then fairly soon. Why don't I feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment