Thursday, July 21, 2011

Farmers Market Fun

Every Wednesday and Saturday there is a farmer's market about 7-10 minutes from my house. It's been there for years but was just too far from my old place and I worked Saturdays but I always wanted to check it out. So last Saturday we did and we went yesterday too.

Saturday it was hot and very busy. But I got a lemonade and a couple of cucumbers as I didn't have much money left from the pittance I get for mat leave. But yesterday was the day after payday so with cash in hand we made the short drive.

Wednesdays are a bit different. You don't have to pay for parking and there are not nearly as many vendors set up. But for less than $10 in fresh veggies it was fantastic. I got some onions, snap peas, cucumbers and potatoes. Plus it was easier to maneuver the stroller as there were not the same crowds. It's too bad I didn't bring the baby's swim stuff as they have a spray pad right next door. Such a good way to cool down on these hot summer days we've been having.

I'm going to miss doing things like these once summer is over. I fear I'll be so busy with school and having to work a day or two a week and trying to keep up with the housework and the general demands of being a mom that I'm just not going to have time anymore for outings. At least I'll be going back after summer. So we have the next few weeks for family outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment