Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Baby Isn't Really a Baby Anymore

My tiny little newborn is 10 months old today. I was going through her old clothes whilst putting away some things she's outgrown and I came across the outfit she came home from the hospital in. A pink Carters outfit; a little hooded jacket, pink footed pants and a white onesie with pink and brown flowers on it. The nurse gave us a crocheted pink, white and brown hat and it matched perfectly. She was little and perfect.

Last night, I half assed tried the outfit on her. The pants came up to just over her knees, the hat was more like a skull cap that didn't even cover the tips of her ears and the jacket sleeves stopped at her elbows. Am I surprised it doesn't even come close to fitting her? No of course not. She's 11 pounds and 9 inches longer now than she was at birth. It was just another reminder that my baby is growing up so fast. She isn't a helpless blob, but a crawling, babbling little person.

If I'm this torn up about her being 10 months, imagine two months from now on her first birthday. I'm going to be a wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment