Saturday, July 09, 2011

So Done With Teething

I'm fairly certain(actually positive) that I said I was done with teething when babe was like 4 months old and didn't even have any teeth yet. Then she got a tooth and then another one and then stalled and life was good. My happy little fantasy world of no more teething was shattered at the beginning of the week when my generally happy, yet dramatic baby became a terror. Her sleep which had improved became the stuff of nightmares and she was just restless. She wanted to be held and cuddled yet wanted to be on the floor to play at the same time. Very frustrating!

Then while she was chewing on my finger, I noticed it. She's cutting three teeth all at once with another right behind. So all of her top incisors are breaking through pretty much at once. So she's cranky and her gums hurt and pretty much any little thing sets her off.

At this point I will gladly take the baby who wakes up at 4am just as long as I can give back the one who wakes up at 8:30 and then takes an hour to go back to sleep, then at 2, then 4, then 6, then up at 7 for the day and fights naps worse than before(although I didn't think that was possible)

Right now she is laying on the floor sucking her thumb. She never does that. Poor little girl :(

No comments:

Post a Comment