Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lord....

I apologize for my absence yesterday...but I was busy with my mom. Why? My husband accidentally set her house on fire! We're lucky as there was minimal damage as the house is still standing. There is a hole in the roof where the firefighters accessed the attic and her living room is water damaged and she is going to have to have the house cleaned for smoke but overall it was not that bad.

She's been set up in an apartment for the time being and is actually over there right now with the contractors and insurance company. It still seems so surreal right now. My husband feels utterly terrible about it. He really loves my mom as she treats him like her own and he does all he can for her. And now she's (technically) homeless.

On the bright side, she could be back in her own house as early as 30 days, but potentially out for 3 months. She's now more worried that my grandmother won't make the 500km trip for the baby's first birthday. But her temporary apartment is a 2 bedroom so we have hope.

So when you think that something like a fire can't happen to your family, guess again.

No comments:

Post a Comment