Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hot, So Very Hot

So at 8am this morning it was already 23 degrees outside, but 32 with the humidity. Crazy! Now at 11am, it's 29 but feels like 35. And until at least the end of July it's supposed to be 30 +/- 3 degrees. And that's not including any humidex.

Now I hated the heat. HATED it. I would rather it be -30 any day of the week and there are days when I wonder why I don't live in Antarctica or something. Then last year I was pregnant over the summer. Not just like newly pregnant and not even showing yet, but 8 months full blown pregnant. And for once I was comfortable. When I told my mother I was pregnant in mid January she told me she felt sorry for me because I was going to be so hot. Not even remotely the case. Summer was spent in sandals, cute capris and tops. It was a first for me.

Now this summer has come along. It's even hotter this year and I fully expected to want to die. Not the case. I took the baby to the Farmer's Market yesterday and it was 34 without the humidity yesterday. I thought it was lovely outside. I was sipping a fresh squeezed lemonade at the time but even before I picked it up I was happy.

I didn't think winter was that cold last year. Hopefully this new trend will continue for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment